Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a method to pick the second latest copy item from clipboard for pasting at desired location.
    We have designed a workbook which keeps track of the navigation history for that we insert a row in a sheet and write the name of the active sheet.
    My problem, when I have to copy something from Sheet1 to sheet2, as I move to sheet2 inbetween the navigation function works and I am unable to paste copied cell(s). I know that we can have that data in clipboard. So is there anyway we can retrive that data from clipboard thrugh VBA code?

Thanks in advance

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, there is no support for the multi-item Office Clipboard in VBA.

You could keep track of the address or row number of the data in a variable, and use that to copy the correct information.
    The exact details would depend on the code you already have, so if you want more help, please provide some details.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

[quote name='HansV' post='793686' date='17-Sep-2009 15:23']Unfortunately, there is no support for the multi-item Office Clipboard in VBA.

You could keep track of the address or row number of the data in a variable, and use that to copy the correct information.
    The exact details would depend on the code you already have, so if you want more help, please provide some details.[/quote]

Hans, actually when we copy something using ctrl + c but before pasting if we insert a row we lose the ability to paste ( ctrl + v) but it remains in the clipboard.
    It will be a great help if you can tell me how to copy it from clip board using VBA, if there is anyway for it.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='bharatjain' post='793689' date='17-Sep-2009 12:36']Hans, actually when we copy something using ctrl + c but before pasting if we insert a row we lose the ability to paste ( ctrl + v) but it remains in the clipboard.[/quote]
    I know, but VBA cannot get at the value on the Office Clipboard - Microsoft omitted to add that capability.

You could change the order: first insert a row, then copy/paste. The latter can be done in one step in VBA:

Dim s As Long
    Dim t As Long
    s = 5 ' You'd compute these
    t = 13
    Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A" & s & ":N" & s).Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & t)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='bharatjain' post='793689' date='17-Sep-2009 11:36']Hans, actually when we copy something using ctrl + c but before pasting if we insert a row we lose the ability to paste ( ctrl + v) but it remains in the clipboard.
    It will be a great help if you can tell me how to copy it from clip board using VBA, if there is anyway for it.[/quote]

Is there an equivalent you can do to selecting the text within the cell (in the same way as you would do if you hit F2 and dragged the selection across the contents) before copying it?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You could use the Mid, Left, or Right functions depending upon your requirements. What portion of the cell do you want to use?