3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am anticipating going to windows 7 and want to know if my office 2003 package must be replaced?

Thanks

Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Office 2003 should work OK under Windows 7, although there are some reports of people having problems during installation.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I`ve been using Office 2003 since the end of October with no problems.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I used Office 2003 all through Beta of Windows 7 without issues.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, i'm new to the lounge and glad to have found iit. i just tried to install office 03 on a new win7 install and it said it was not compatible with this version of windows. Now i'm wondering why i got that message if you're able to run it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm also running it in x64 with not a problem.
    I'm only guessing here and I may be miles out, have you disabled the UAC ? after installing Windows the first thing I
    do is turn it off .
    If not try disabling it, if that doesnt work then reset UAC if you want it on..
    Enjoy life - you only get 1.
    Ian

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've been using Office 2003 (mainly Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel) under Windows 7 64bit now for the last month and it has been very stable.
    During installation there were no issues (I ran the installation program as an administrator) and immediately patched after office activation.

I hope this helps you in deciding whether of not to stay with Office 2003.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Hi, i'm new to the lounge and glad to have found iit. i just tried to install office 03 on a new win7 install and it said it was not compatible with this version of windows. Now i'm wondering why i got that message if you're able to run it.
    If you are signed in as any user other than Administrator or any user without admin privileges, then that's where I'd look first. Is Office 2003 a full, paid for package and not some type of trial? Just some thoughts.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Where did you get copy of Office 2003?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've installed Office 2003 on a few Windows 7 (32bit) systems in the last few weeks, and have determined that the following steps need to be taken to get it to install correctly. The biggest issue I had was Outlook settings being greyed out and not able to select the old PST file.
    I only have the Office 2003 Service Pack 2 installation CD, so I start with that and install office.
    Don't reboot. Go to the Windows Update page, check for available updates, and download and install Service Pack 3.
    Don't reboot. Go to the Windows Update page, check for available updates, and download and install all available office patches.
    Don't reboot. Go to Control Panel\Programs and Features and highlight Microsoft Office 2003. Right-click and select Repair.
    Once the repair is finished, all features seem to work just great.

Hope this helps someone.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    On needs to learn to do any updates for any product that is support by them, before setting up the included programs.

I have found that save a lot of time when it is done up front. I also found that I have much better performance, when I import my old PST file into a new one.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I agree with D. Blair about doing the updates immediately. So far I've done a couple of machines with Win7 and O2k3, all with zero problems. What I do not do is replace the newly created PST file with the old one. I use the import feature and then confirm folder by folder that all is well. So far, it's gone perfectly each time and thereafter been 100% stable.