New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have created a number of templates in Word 2003 that contain unique drop-down menus (which I also created) on the toolbar. Beginning a new document based on that template in Word 2007 does not include the drop-down menu.

Can a custom drop-down (or other) menu be created in Word 2007 such that it displays only for a specific template? It seems like such a shortcoming not to provide that ability.

Thanks
    [quote name='MrChrisB' post='793753' date='17-Sep-2009 18:26']I have created a number of templates in Word 2003 that contain unique drop-down menus (which I also created) on the toolbar. Beginning a new document based on that template in Word 2007 does not include the drop-down menu.

Can a custom drop-down (or other) menu be created in Word 2007 such that it displays only for a specific template? It seems like such a shortcoming not to provide that ability.[/quote]
    Welcome to the Lounge!

I fear that Word 2007 is not as customisable as previous versions used to be in this respect. All you can really do with Word itself is add things to the Quick Access Toolbar. There are also some third party add-ons that expand what Word 2007 can do and there is some discussion of them in this thread on another forum. I don't know whether any of the suggestions there help with what you want to do.

Ian

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='MrChrisB' post='793753' date='18-Sep-2009 03:26']I have created a number of templates in Word 2003 that contain unique drop-down menus (which I also created) on the toolbar. Beginning a new document based on that template in Word 2007 does not include the drop-down menu.

Can a custom drop-down (or other) menu be created in Word 2007 such that it displays only for a specific template? It seems like such a shortcoming not to provide that ability.[/quote]
    Your toolbars from earlier versions should still be there - rearranged under a ribbon tab called Add-Ins. These generally work the same way despite being rearranged but can't be edited further in Word 2007.

Yes you can create drop down menus in Word 2007 but the steps to do so are completely different to what you were used to with earlier versions of Word. Learning this is painful and hopefully will become much simpler when the next version of Word is released.

If you need to recreate a version of the toolbar specifically for Word 2007 then here are some links to get you started
    http://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2006/12/01/ri...le-of-contents/
    http://www.tvmcalcs.com/blog/comments/modi..._in_excel_2007/
    http://media.wiley.com/product_data/excerp.../047016994X.pdf
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia