New Lounger
    Thanks
    On a customer's network, all computers except one list the correct operating system in the WHS console. One computer lists unknown operating system. I have inspected the backup and it looks OK.

How do I convince WHS to list XP Professional as the operating system? Or, is it not important?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='D2D' post='793810' date='17-Sep-2009 19:02']On a customer's network, all computers except one list the correct operating system in the WHS console. One computer lists unknown operating system. I have inspected the backup and it looks OK.

How do I convince WHS to list XP Professional as the operating system? Or, is it not important?[/quote]

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WHS agent?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='793826' date='17-Sep-2009 22:22']Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WHS agent?

Joe[/quote]

Thank you for the reply.

It did not occur to me that the problem might be on the client side. I will do that when I see that customer on Monday.

Bob Havey
    D2D Computer Services
    Springfield, VA

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='793826' date='17-Sep-2009 22:22']Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WHS agent?

Joe[/quote]

I did the reinstallation on the client side without success. WHS still does not recognize the OS. Backup appears to work OK on that machine.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='D2D' post='795487' date='29-Sep-2009 09:05']I did the reinstallation on the client side without success. WHS still does not recognize the OS. Backup appears to work OK on that machine.[/quote]

Is the troublesome client PC a 32-bit or 64-bit version of XP?

What XP service pack is installed?

Are the other client PCs XP Pro also?

Are both Power Pack 1 & 2 installed on the WHS machine?

Are there any WHS addins installed?

Joe
    Joe