4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Not sure where to pose this question, so starting off in the Word forum.

We currently have users who use Word as their e-mail editor in Outlook. At the same time, we have Word users using the 'Blank' template to write letter/etc. The company wants to change the look of the 'blank' document created in Word to have extra formatting (before after line line spacing, margins,e tc) but the one used in Outlook to remain same. I (at least I would like think I) know both use Normal.dot.

So, the question is it possible to have 'two' normal.dots - one used by Outlook and one used by Word? If not, what other solution could there be? I know we can create a copy of normal.dot (with extra line spacing etc) and save as 'Company Normal.dot'. But, it won't appear as the first 'blank' template on the list when creating a Word document.

Perhaps, you brany guys have some other/better ideas.
    Thanks.
    Robie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Create a template with the formatting that you want to use for new e-mail messages. Save it in the user templates or workgroup templates folder as (for example) NewMail.dot (do *not* name it Normal.dot).

In Outlook, create a new e-mail message.
    Select Tools | Templates and Add-Ins...
    Click Attach...
    Locate and select your e-mail template, then click Open.
    Tick the check box "Attach to al new-email messages".
    Click OK.
    (You can discard this e-mail message, it was only created in order to be able to set the default e-mail template)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='793858' date='18-Sep-2009 11:59']Create a template with the formatting that you want to use for new e-mail messages. Save it in the user templates or workgroup templates folder as (for example) NewMail.dot (do *not* name it Normal.dot).

In Outlook, create a new e-mail message.
    Select Tools | Templates and Add-Ins...
    Click Attach...
    Locate and select your e-mail template, then click Open.
    Tick the check box "Attach to al new-email messages".
    Click OK.
    (You can discard this e-mail message, it was only created in order to be able to set the default e-mail template)[/quote]

Hans. Thanks for the quick response.

Will all users (individually) need to do this or could the above action be done by tech services for *all* users?
    Thanks.
    Robie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't know about that (I never use Word as e-mail editor because of the undesired side effects)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='793864' date='18-Sep-2009 12:40']I don't know about that (I never use Word as e-mail editor because of the undesired side effects)[/quote]

I agree about undesired side effects but unfortunately some poor souls are looking for punishment :-(.

I will put forward your solution & any user who wants to use Word as the e-mail editor can follow your simple instructions and get on with their life, & leave us alone ;0).
    Thanks.
    Robie