New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm trying to build a template that has userforms and checkboxes that will generate a new summary document of a persons skills.
    At the top would be personal information like Name, address, age, college, etc..
    Followed by a list of x# skillsets that the individual may or may not have, the person would only select what is applicable to them and then hit finish.
    When they finish completing the form then a new document would be generated with a paragraph for each item they checked.
    Like: Mr Smith has prior experience managing 10 or more company personnel, this includes performance reviews and appraisals, mentoring, work our scheduling, etc,etc,etc,

1 managment exp of 10 or more
    2 public speaking
    3 c programming
    4 SQL programming
    5 web programming

What would be the recommendations on how to accomplish this? I'm new to using word and don't have any vba programming experience.

Thanks,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

For userforms, you need to write VBA code, so it may be better to avoid them for now - or use this as a learning experience, of course.

As an alternative, you could create AutoText entries in the template for each skill, and make them available through a custom toolbar. No programming is needed. The user can click a toolbar button to insert the corresponding skill into the document.

I have attached a very simple example (zipped).
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok, Great. I will take a look and see if this is feasable. Are there any other recommendations.

Dean