5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Good afternoon

I have a table similar to below of 10,000 + lines and I have made a pivot table that shows number of shipments by type but I also want to show number of shipments by type by destination and I can't seem to fathom out what parameters to pick for the layout I choose the sort by route and then for the columns Type and Shipment but the type always shows as a number. I do know that it is me and not Excel :-) but is there anything I can do?

Code:
    AWB No	Route	   Type			  Shipments
    632645	AU - GB	 Ambient				  1
    637924	AU - GB	 Frozen				   1
    638221	AU - GB	 Ambient				  1
    640369	AU - GB	 Refrigerated			 1
    645574	AU - GB	 Ambient				  1
    643747	BA - US	 Frozen				   1
    632633	BE - CH	 Frozen				   1
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You can either add Type to the Row area, Route to the Column area and Shipments to the Data area, or Type and Route to the Row area and Shipments to the Data area. I have included both in the attached sample workbook. If you click in one of the pivot tables and start the Pivot Table Wizard and click Layout, you'll see how they are designed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='793880' date='18-Sep-2009 15:15']You can either add Type to the Row area, Route to the Column area and Shipments to the Data area, or Type and Route to the Row area and Shipments to the Data area. I have included both in the attached sample workbook. If you click in one of the pivot tables and start the Pivot Table Wizard and click Layout, you'll see how they are designed.[/quote]

Fantastic Hans

Welcome back. I did'nt realise that the Code thing could be used for cells as well, I will remember in future

Thanks
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)