Thread: PrimoPDF

New Lounger
    Thanks

Arrow

I just downloaded PrimoPDF (the free version), which is a program that adds itself as a printer and creates pdfs. When I tried to upload a pdf to a webpage, it works fine for a couple days then it says that the file is broken and cannot be repaired. But the file on my computer that I uploded works fine. Is this because I uploded the file or because the program isn't working?

Thanks
    [quote name='franm1' post='794009' date='19-Sep-2009 11:35']I just downloaded PrimoPDF (the free version), which is a program that adds itself as a printer and creates pdfs. When I tried to upload a pdf to a webpage, it works fine for a couple days then it says that the file is broken and cannot be repaired. But the file on my computer that I uploded works fine. Is this because I uploded the file or because the program isn't working?[/quote]
    Can you clarify:

"It works fine for a couple of days..." - do you mean accessing the file on the web works OK, or the act of uploading a file works OK?

What is telling you the file is 'broken'? Your web browser?

Thanks
    [quote name='franm1' post='794009' date='19-Sep-2009 03:35']When I tried to upload a pdf to a webpage, it works fine for a couple days then it says that the file is broken and cannot be repaired.[/quote]
    Are other people reporting this problem, or is this a problem on your PC? Because anything you view has to be downloaded, it's possible that the copy in your browser cache has become corrupted. You could clear your browser cache (in IE, Temporary Internet Files) and see whether that helps.

If everyone has the same problem, is it possible that your hosting provider does something to compress downloads, but that takes a couple of days to kick in? Seem strange...

I haven't used PrimoPDF for a while. Does it have a compatibility option, that is, PDF format version number? Try using a lower number and see whether that helps avoid the problem.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='794012' date='19-Sep-2009 12:49']Can you clarify:

"It works fine for a couple of days..." - do you mean accessing the file on the web works OK, or the act of uploading a file works OK?

What is telling you the file is 'broken'? Your web browser?[/quote]

I can access the file on the web for a couple of days then it says the file is broken.

Thanks
    [quote name='franm1' post='794272' date='21-Sep-2009 15:29'].....then it says the file is broken.[/quote]
    What is the 'it'? Your browser? Or pdf viewer?

And is it that the download doesn't work, or that a copy appears to have been downloaded but it can't be viewed?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='794287' date='21-Sep-2009 17:22']What is the 'it'? Your browser? Or pdf viewer?

And is it that the download doesn't work, or that a copy appears to have been downloaded but it can't be viewed?[/quote]

When I open the file in Internet Explorer, It downloads th 7.97 MB file. But, the download freezes at 7.96 MB and after a while a notification window appears:

Adobe Acrobat Reader

This file is broken and couldn't be repaired

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='franm1' post='794443' date='22-Sep-2009 19:07']When I open the file in Internet Explorer, It downloads th 7.97 MB file. But, the download freezes at 7.96 MB and after a while a notification window appears:

Adobe Acrobat Reader

This file is broken and couldn't be repaired
    [/quote]

Sorry about posting twice, but I just discovered trhat now the file works. Maybe the server was having problems. It might do this again though.