4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried to search for updates for Spyware Doctor but was told it could not find an internet connection. I opened Network Connections and found that my connection was disabled. There was an option to enable it which I did and things seem to be back to normal. My query is, why and how was my connection disabled? I am running Windows XP, SP3.

Thanks
    [quote name='philkiwi' post='794117' date='20-Sep-2009 04:23']I tried to search for updates for Spyware Doctor but was told it could not find an internet connection. I opened Network Connections and found that my connection was disabled. There was an option to enable it which I did and things seem to be back to normal. My query is, why and how was my connection disabled? I am running Windows XP, SP3.[/quote]
    See if there's anything relevant in the System Event Log (Start -> Run -> eventvwr.exe. and press Enter) - occasionally you get a useful message relating to a problem.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='philkiwi' post='794117' date='19-Sep-2009 23:23']... why and how was my connection disabled? I am running Windows XP, SP3.[/quote]
    I've moved ya to XP, Phil, just in case someone has additional suggestions/guesses.

Is it possible you installed or updated something lately that accidentally disabled your internet/network? Could be hard to track down if you've updated any software or drivers or hardware.