5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Lines containing subscript or superscript characters do not display correctly in reading view (see attachment). How can I fix this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    With the caveat that I'm not at a PC with Word 2007 at the moment so can't do a direct comparison, it's not clear from your sample that something is wrong - the numbers are appearing as superscripts/subscripts.

What are you seeing that appears incorrect?

Gary

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The second picture in the document shows the problem in reading view.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Murgatroyd' post='794215' date='21-Sep-2009 07:41']Lines containing subscript or superscript characters do not display correctly in reading view (see attachment). How can I fix this?[/quote]
    It works fine for me, can you post your problematic word document so we can check it out.

[attachment=85621:ReadingView.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='794220' date='21-Sep-2009 03:43']The second picture in the document shows the problem in reading view.[/quote]
    Thanks Hans - somehow missed that second picture!

Will try out superscript/subscript in reading view in Word 2007 when I get home later this morning, but without knowing more about it, seems like a graphics card/video problem.

Gary

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Gary Frieder' post='794240' date='21-Sep-2009 11:03']Will try out superscript/subscript in reading view in Word 2007 when I get home later this morning[/quote]
    It works fine for me.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I attached a saved example to my first post in this thread, but this happens in any document in Word 2007, even a new one that has not yet been saved (however, it does not happen in Word 2003 on the same computer - see attachment to this message). I ran the Office 2007 Diagnostics, and no problems were found.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Murgatroyd' post='794243' date='21-Sep-2009 11:37']I attached a saved example to my first post in this thread, but this happens in any document in Word 2007, even a new one that has not yet been saved. It does not happen in Word 2003 on the same computer (see attachment to this message).[/quote]
    If I create a document with a superscript then it works fine in reading view in Word 2007 on my PC, so this is not a generic Word 2007 problem, but something specific to you. This is why I asked you to post a sample document so that I could check whether your document looked normal to me.

Your attachment includes two pictures, so I can see what this looks like on your PC, but it doesn't have any superscripts or subscripts, so I don't know if your document with superscripts is unusual in any way.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    - The problem occurs in a new document that has not yet been saved; i.e., it is not file corruption.
    - The problem does not occur in Word 2007 on other computers.
    - The problem does not occur in Word 2003 on my computer.

This suggests that it is something to do with the Word 2007 installation on my computer, but I tried repairing Office 2007, and Office Diagnostics reports no problems, yet the problem persists. Are there any other settings that could affect this? Re-installing Office 2007 seems unnecessary?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    As Gary Frieder notes, it looks more like a problem with your graphics card. Is the driver for your graphics card up-to-date?

In the Display Properties control panel, activate the Settings tab, then click Advanced. Does the dialog that appears have a Troubleshoot tab? If so, see what it offers.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My computer is a laptop and I normally use an external screen. I tried the internal screen, and the problem did not occur. When I switched back to the external screen, it did not re-occur, so it seems that it was a glitch.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Let's hope it doesn't reoccur.