Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there a way to select multiple hidden sheets to unhide?

[attachment=85620:untitled.JPG]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    Prasad

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    No, you have to unhide them one by one.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='794221' date='21-Sep-2009 08:45']No, you have to unhide them one by one.[/quote]

Or, if you want to unhide them all. you can run some code
    [codebox]Sub unhide()
    Dim a As Integer
    On Error GoTo errSub
    For a = 1 To 999
    Worksheets.Item(a).Visible = True
    Next a
    errSub:
    End Sub
    [/codebox]

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Gfamily' post='794248' date='21-Sep-2009 17:45']Or, if you want to unhide them all. you can run some code
    [codebox]Sub unhide()
    Dim a As Integer
    On Error GoTo errSub
    For a = 1 To 999
    Worksheets.Item(a).Visible = True
    Next a
    errSub:
    End Sub
    [/codebox][/quote]
    Thanks but I want to unhide some selected sheets and not all. The code will unhide all hidden sheets in workbook, I believe.
    Regards
    Prasad

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, Gfamily's code will unhide all sheets.

The Excel interface does not offer a method for unhiding multiple specific sheets in one go.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='794252' date='21-Sep-2009 17:58']The Excel interface does not offer a method for unhiding multiple specific sheets in one go.[/quote]

I dont understand any reason for this limitation. It is something irretating to repeat a particular task.
    Regards
    Prasad

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You could send a request to Microsoft to include it in the version after Office 2010...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='794254' date='21-Sep-2009 18:16']You could send a request to Microsoft to include it in the version after Office 2010...[/quote]
    ha ha ha....

jokes apart.

If it is not included in 2007 & in 2010 too, I guess, there must be some reason behind it.
    Regards
    Prasad

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='prasad' post='794253' date='21-Sep-2009 13:36']I dont understand any reason for this limitation. It is something irretating to repeat a particular task.[/quote]

You can make the unhide an easier task by making your own custom toolbar and using Ctrl+drag to copy the the 'Unhide...' command from within the Format | Sheet drop down to make it available at the click of a mouse (keep the Crtl key depressed when dragging, otherwise you'll move the command rather than copying it ).

I have both the Hide and Unhide commands exposed like this, it makes life a little easier at little cost on the workarea.

Alternatively, if this is a spreadsheet for which you will regularly want to unhide the same set of sheets, you could modify the macro to specify each required sheet in turn. I'm not sure whether you can do that by name, or whether you need to know the index number for each one. Not ideal I know, but it can be worthwhile to set the macro up once

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='prasad' post='794218' date='21-Sep-2009 03:33']Is there a way to select multiple hidden sheets to unhide?

[attachment=85620:untitled.JPG][/quote]
    If this is a recurring task, and you can explain the consistent logic to be applied; then I am certain that code could be developed to achieve the desired results. Alternatively, you could build a macro which:
    • collects the names of all hidden sheets;
    • displays them in a ListBox, (need to confirm that ListBoxes will allow the selection of nonadjacent entries); and
    • Unhides the selected sheets.
    Regards
    Don

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The attached workbook contains a module and userform that let you specify the sheets to be unhidden. Click the button on the first sheet to see how it works.

If desired, the module and userform could be incorporated in an add-in, and you could assign a custom toolbar button to the macro.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Here's a fairly rudimentary add-in that hooks into the built-in Hide and Unhide buttons to provide a form for multiple hiding/unhiding. It's unprotected so feel free to improve it as required!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='prasad' post='794253' date='21-Sep-2009 08:36']I dont understand any reason for this limitation. It is something irretating to repeat a particular task.[/quote]
    You may be interested in the Navigator add-in I have been using it successfully for years now.
    Regards
    Don

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks all for your interest & valuable support.

I think I should go with "the must have" Navigator Add-in as suggested by Don. It includes the best one-go utilities.

Thanks

Regards
    Prasad

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='rory' post='794284' date='21-Sep-2009 20:45']Here's a fairly rudimentary add-in that hooks into the built-in Hide and Unhide buttons to provide a form for multiple hiding/unhiding. It's unprotected so feel free to improve it as required! [/quote]
    Thanks rory.

It remains first sheet from the list intact. I mean if the first sheet in the list is hidden/visible, I am not able to unhide/hide it. Second, there is a option of 'very' hide & a check box "Include 'very hidden'sheets". What it is all about? I am not a code friendly user so unable to extract results from reading script.
    Regards
    Prasad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast