5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I wish to create a macro to insert the names of the original and revised files after generating a comparison. Is it possible to represent the original and revised filenames within a macro; e.g., as data fields?

Thanks
    [quote name='Murgatroyd' post='794224' date='21-Sep-2009 01:19']I wish to create a macro to insert the names of the original and revised files after generating a comparison. Is it possible to represent the original and revised filenames within a macro; e.g., as data fields?[/quote]
    If your code will set up the comparison, then your code would have access to all the information you need to insert the file names into the new document. Do you already have the code done up to a certain point? If so, you might want to post that so any suggestions made here are compatible with your approach.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I intend to generate the comparison manually, then use a macro to insert the compared filenames , if possible. I wondered whether they might be available as data fields?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Murgatroyd' post='794346' date='22-Sep-2009 00:26']I wondered whether they might be available as data fields?[/quote]
    No, the name of the compared document(s) is not stored, as far as I know.