4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a report that I print, that looks like a form to normal humans. It is a student registration report. This report pulls it's records from a, currently, small listing of about 300 students.

What I would like to be able to do is to print a blank form, (when I say blank, I mean one that shows the labels but the fields are blank) so that I can hand it to someone and have them fill it out. What I thought about doing is just entering a new student and leave all of their information blank, and set it up to print that record when I need the blank form. That doesn't seem like the most elegant solution however. What happens if someone else looks at the table and wonders why there is a blank record and deletes it? (Right now, I'm the only one that looks at any of the tables but you never know what might happen in the future.)

Is there a way to print one page of the report and leave it blank?

Thanks for the help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You could create a copy of the student table with just one blank record.
    Then either temporarily set the record source of the report to that table in order to print a blank form, or create a duplicate of the report and set its record source to the one-record table.

If the layout of the report won't change anymore, you could create a blank record temporarily, print the report to a PDF file, then delete the blank record. If someone wants a paper form to fill in, they can print the PDF file.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Hans,

Thanks for the quick response Hans. I was kind of hoping that there would be some code that could be entered in Access to allow just a blank report to be printed. Since there wasn't, I went ahead and did it the way that I thought about originally, which was to add a record that was blank. I added a field to my table, that will only show in the table, for that one record, stating do not delete, so hopefully that will "protect" that record.

The interesting part was that I print a section of the form that shows the grade that the student is in, starting with -3 for nursery, -2 & -1 for Pre-K, 0 for Kindergarten and then 1 - 8 for grades 1 through 8. I need all of those records to be blank when I print the form but I had to have a grade for my blank student, I added -4 as a grade and then it worked perfectly. Each of the grades have a number and a description, I described -4 as "To Print Blank Form Only". It works perfectly now, I can print a blank form when needed or a form for individual students when I need to do updates.

Thanks again for all of your help. You are amazing.