Thread: Lonely Eric

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Eric was lonely, so he decided life would be more fun if he had a pet. He went to the pet store and told the owner that he wanted to buy an unusual pet. After some discussion, he finally bought a centipede which came in a little white box to use for his house. He took the box home, found a good location for the box, and decided he would start off by taking his new pet to the bar for a drink.

So he asked the centipede in the box, 'Would you like to go to Frank's place with me and have a beer?'

Silence; there was no answer from his new pet. This bothered him a bit; he waited a few minutes, and then asked him again, 'How about going to the bar and having a beer with me?' Again, there was no answer; nothing but silence came from his new friend and pet. So, he waited a few minutes more, thinking about the situation.

He decided to ask him one more time. This time, putting his face up against the centipede's house, and shouting, 'Hey, in there! Would you like to go to Frank's place and have a beer with me?

<span title="Spoiler: Highlight to reveal" style='color:#000000;background:#000000;padding:0p x 0.2em;'>[color=#666;margin-right: 0.2em]SPOILER:[/color]A little voice came out of the box: heard you the first time! I'm putting my shoes on! </span>
    Jerry

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks! I needed something to cheer me up. Empty nest-itus tonight....
    Carpy Diem, it&#39;s .

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jezza' post='794350' date='21-Sep-2009 23:42']Eric was lonely, so he decided life would be more fun if he had a pet. He went to the pet store and told the owner that he wanted to buy an unusual pet. After some discussion, he finally bought a centipede which came in a little white box to use for his house. He took the box home, found a good location for the box, and decided he would start off by taking his new pet to the bar for a drink.

So he asked the centipede in the box, 'Would you like to go to Frank's place with me and have a beer?'

Silence; there was no answer from his new pet. This bothered him a bit; he waited a few minutes, and then asked him again, 'How about going to the bar and having a beer with me?' Again, there was no answer; nothing but silence came from his new friend and pet. So, he waited a few minutes more, thinking about the situation.

He decided to ask him one more time. This time, putting his face up against the centipede's house, and shouting, 'Hey, in there! Would you like to go to Frank's place and have a beer with me?

<span title="Spoiler: Highlight to reveal" style='color:#000000;background:#000000;padding:0p x 0.2em;'>[color=#666;margin-right: 0.2em]SPOILER:[/color]A little voice came out of the box: heard you the first time! I'm putting my shoes on! </span>[/quote]

Hahahahahahhahah. Had to read it 3 times before I got it. That's why I work with computers. :-)
    Thanks.
    Robie

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jezza' post='794350' date='21-Sep-2009 23:42']'Would you like to go to Frank's place with me and have a beer?'[/quote]

Frank? Do you mean Sam Frank? One of my buddies from the Arnex Orchestra swore that he wouldn't ever go back there!

You see, <span title="Spoiler: Highlight to reveal" style='color:#000000;background:#000000;padding:0p x 0.2em;'>[color=#666;margin-right: 0.2em]SPOILER:[/color]He lost his harp in Sam Frank's Disco!</span>