4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Creating a Custom Action (I think) (2000 SR1)

Is there a way to create a rule that will print each email after it is sent? I've started with the rules wizard, but I've run into two problems.

1. I don't know how to apply this rule to every sent email, just ones sent to specific people or groups (what if the recipient isn't in any groups?).

2. I don't know how to create a custom action, but I'm guessing that's what I need to use.

Does anyone have any ideas or pointers for me? Even a freeware util would be great.

Thanks,
    Becky

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating a Custom Action (I think) (2000 SR1)

take a look at exlife or one of the custom actions at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.exlife.com>http://www.exlife.com</A>.

if the receiptent isn't in any of the groups, you'll need to rule looking for a key word etc.

custom actions are usually written with c++

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating a Custom Action (I think) (2000 SR1)

Becky
    Don't know about the custon action but you can make the rule apply to all outoing mail easily.
    When you create the rule, select "check messages after sending" when asked which type of rule do you want to create. On the "Which conditions do you want to check" dialogue, don't tick any boxes - just the Next button. Outlook will prompt "This rule will apply to all messages that you send - is this correct?" Click on Next, and you are building a rule which applies to every outgoing message.
    Annoyingly, the "print it" option is only available for inclusion in the rule when you check incoming mail. Perhaps some VB wiz can describe how to find the built in code which is behind the print it command so you can copy as a custom action?
    HTH
    Silverback