Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a sql statement that I am using in MS Query to get data from sql. In Microsoft Query, I can see my results, so I know the sql statement works properly (also works in sql). Here are the results in MS Query.

Back in Word, when I go to add the fields, they are all there and I can add them to my document. Here they are:

But, when I click on the Mail Merge Recipients button to only select one recipient, I get this:

As you can see, I only get data in the first field. Hoping that this is a display issue, I return to my main document where I have added the fields (just a quick add, shown below):

When I merge, to see if perhaps it will still work, only the field that was showing data in the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box is filled in:

Any idea what the problem could be? Can you think of another way to do this? I appreciate any/all help!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Does the problem persist after quitting and restarting Word? After restarting your PC?

How are you connecting to SQL Server? Are you using OLE DB or an ODBC data source?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='794472' date='22-Sep-2009 16:42']Does the problem persist after quitting and restarting Word? After restarting your PC?

How are you connecting to SQL Server? Are you using OLE DB or an ODBC data source?[/quote]
    I am connected via an ODBC data source. As you can see, I can accurately see the results in MS Query, they just don't come over into Word. Of course a restart does nothing.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm afraid I haven't been able to find a suggestion for a solution. Hopefully someone else will.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ended up being an issue in SQL with the field types. All fixed!

[quote name='HansV' post='794561' date='23-Sep-2009 09:54']I'm afraid I haven't been able to find a suggestion for a solution. Hopefully someone else will.[/quote]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for letting us know!