Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    In the last hour or two, my Windows Mail account won't send any messages. It receives just fine. The message that appears (inconsistently) says: An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: Your online training', Account: 'Linda Willis', Server: 'imail.tworg.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Too many concurrent SMTP connections; please try again later.', Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

This has never happened before and I haven't done anything differently that I know of. Checking Accounts tabs, all looks fine there.

Anyone any idea what's going on and how I can correct it?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    From the error message, it looks like your provider's mail server is being overloaded. There is nothing you can do about that; I'd wait a few hours to see if the problem goes away. If it persists, contact your provider (not by e-mail!) to ask what's going on.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='794478' date='22-Sep-2009 23:12']From the error message, it looks like your provider's mail server is being overloaded. There is nothing you can do about that; I'd wait a few hours to see if the problem goes away. If it persists, contact your provider (not by e-mail!) to ask what's going on.[/quote]
    Thanks, Hans. I wondered if it was at my provider's end when the receive part worked just fine. I'll leave it as you suggest and try later. And will call, not email, if there's still an issue! Appreciate the prompt reply!

Linda

PS Just checked and it's working: mail sent. You were right! Thanks again.