2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I'm sure theres a simple solution to this one, but for the moment it eludes me.

I'm trying to emulate a table with a subdatasheet in a form. You know where you get the plus sign for matches to the Child fields. It just dosn't seem to work! played with all the subdatasheet properties (Subdatasheet expanded and Height) set the Relationship to 1 to meny and still not able to get the form working correctly. Do you have any Hints tips or online guides that would help resolve this.

TX in anticipation

graliv

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I never work with subdatasheets, but your main form must be displayed in datasheet view, and it must have a subform.

If you can't get it to work, could you post a stripped down and zipped copy of your database?
    • Make a copy of the database (in Access 2000 or 2002-2003 format) and work with that.
    • Remove all database objects (tables, queries, forms, reports, macros and modules) that are not relevant to the problem.
    • In the remaining table(s), remove most records - leave only the minimum number necessary to demonstrate the problem.
    • Remove or modify data of a confidential nature.
    • Perform a compact and repair (Tools/Database Utilities).
    • Make a zip file containing the database.
    • If you have difficulties getting the zip file reasonably small, save the database in Access 97 format and then zip it.
    • Attach the zip file to a reply.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OK Thank-You much Appreciated See attached, because Our data is sensitive I've had to emulate what I'm trying to do with sample data.

The Form is called [Main Form] this is exactly the point I've got to IE no links. The look I'm after is what is shown in the [Main] table with all the subdatasheet function.

If you manage to get it to work if you could explain what you did I would be very grateful.

Graliv
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You have to create a form based on Subby and place that as a subform on the Main Form. Set the Link Master Fields and Link Child Fields properties of the subform as a control on the main form to Id.
    The main form will then display the subform as a subdatasheet.

See the attached version.

(BTW the Id field in the main table contains duplicate values)
    Attached Files Attached Files

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='794728' date='24-Sep-2009 16:22']You have to create a form based on Subby and place that as a subform on the Main Form. Set the Link Master Fields and Link Child Fields properties of the subform as a control on the main form to Id.
    The main form will then display the subform as a subdatasheet.

See the attached version.

(BTW the Id field in the main table contains duplicate values)[/quote]

I was a bit slow to work this but Got there Eventually.

Thank-You very much appreciated.

Graliv