Thanks
    I use 1nad1.com as my ISP. If I receive e-mail through my browser, I see no graphics. If though, I take one of those same e-mails (that are NOT displaying) and forward it to my Hotmail address, I see the graphics.

What the heck would cause this? I'm using the same browser for both. Can their web mail somehow block or not transfer graphics, even though the browser does?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Does 1and1 have an option to prohibit the loading of remote graphics. It may be turned off for 1nad1 and turned on for your Hotmail account. Gmail, for example, will not load remote graphics unless I authorize the loading of the pictures on either a one time basis or "always load" for a specific sender.

Thanks
    [quote name='CWBillow' post='794813' date='25-Sep-2009 05:55']What the heck would cause this? I'm using the same browser for both. Can their web mail somehow block or not transfer graphics, even though the browser does?[/quote]

Are you using 1&1 EasyLogin?
    and/or
    Are you using 1&1 Webmail 2.0?

How long has this been happening? Has it just started, or has it always been that way for you?

Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='794905' date='25-Sep-2009 08:28']Are you using 1&1 EasyLogin?
    and/or
    Are you using 1&1 Webmail 2.0?

How long has this been happening? Has it just started, or has it always been that way for you?[/quote]

Leif, I'm NOT using 1&1 EasyLogin...As to whether it's Web Mail 2.0, I'm not sure. How do I tell in my browser which version the Web Mail is?

I don't use the Web Mail all the time, so I can't answer the time question. 1&1 support said they couldn't answer it and were forwarding on to (??)... As yet I've heard nothing.

Regards,
    Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Thanks
    [quote name='mbarron' post='794851' date='25-Sep-2009 05:48']Does 1and1 have an option to prohibit the loading of remote graphics. It may be turned off for 1nad1 and turned on for your Hotmail account. Gmail, for example, will not load remote graphics unless I authorize the loading of the pictures on either a one time basis or "always load" for a specific sender.[/quote]

No such option. Only HTML mail or text, and they verified the HTML status.

Chuck

Thanks
    [quote name='CWBillow' post='795335' date='28-Sep-2009 19:01']How do I tell in my browser which version the Web Mail is?[/quote]
    Look in the top left corner of your WebMail window.

Do you see
    [attachment=85726:x.gif]
    or
    [attachment=85727:y.gif]
    ?

On the other hand, you may have a totally different WebMail in the US...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='795347' date='28-Sep-2009 12:00']Look in the top left corner of your WebMail window.

Do you see
    or
    ?

On the other hand, you may have a totally different WebMail in the US...[/quote]

Of the two, I see the top graphic.

Chuck

Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='795347' date='28-Sep-2009 12:00']Look in the top left corner of your WebMail window.

Do you see
    or
    ?

On the other hand, you may have a totally different WebMail in the US...[/quote]

Leif, according to 1and1 tech support, Web Mail 2.0 isn't yet available in all U.S. locations.

So there we have it. I've noticed this evening though, that *some* of my e-mail is showing correctly now. They sent me an e-mail saying it was still open and being worked on.

Thanks,
    Chuck