New Lounger
    Thanks
    Greetings all

Here is my Dilemma i have a Compaq Presairo j4000s. Now the computer Gods at HP have told me it is only good too be used as a small anchor for a rowboat in my local creek. But iam willing too save it as funds are short at the moment and the wisdom here is appericated.

So here we go i installed a WD 160GB HD jumper setting is in the cable posotion. i can not load the fresh copy of windows XP i bought i had too reload a fresh OS for the puter as my old Maxtor crapped out could not recover it..

My issue here is i get through the recovery bar too the blue system load in for windows it gos through some steps and stalls out i retried this numorous times too no avail.The Bios reconizes the HD but the stalling end of it is fustrating.

my system is 7 years old any help here is appericated

Thanks Michael......

Thanks
    [quote name='mikey_zippity' post='794910' date='25-Sep-2009 16:54']Greetings all

Here is my Dilemma i have a Compaq Presairo j4000s. Now the computer Gods at HP have told me it is only good too be used as a small anchor for a rowboat in my local creek. But iam willing too save it as funds are short at the moment and the wisdom here is appericated.

So here we go i installed a WD 160GB HD jumper setting is in the cable posotion. i can not load the fresh copy of windows XP i bought i had too reload a fresh OS for the puter as my old Maxtor crapped out could not recover it..

My issue here is i get through the recovery bar too the blue system load in for windows it gos through some steps and stalls out i retried this numorous times too no avail.The Bios reconizes the HD but the stalling end of it is fustrating.

my system is 7 years old any help here is appericated

Thanks Michael...... [/quote]
    Hello and welcome!

How much real memory does your Presario have?
    BATcher

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine."
    Abraham Lincoln