Thanks

I currently have an issue with Grid Controls.
    I was using an MSHFlexgrid control to simulate a calendar in an Access 2000 .adp project
    This was used because it is possible to populate the grid with detail at run time.
    The content of the grid requires that
    a. Individual Cells can be populated with Multiple Line Items
    b. It is populated from data extract from Non Linked tables
    because it is just used as an information grid
    c. It needs to be able to respond to a double click or right mouse over click on a cell within the grid.
    d. Cells need to be coloured (not with some form of conditional formatting), but based on either data or user interaction.

I have looked into List Boxes, but these do not have the cell selection criteria
    I have looked at Sub forms with linked temporary tables, but again they just do not have the MSHFlexgrid
    flexibility that I want, which is why I used it in the first place.

The mshflexgrid was brilliant and did exactly what was needed until 2003 was used.
    Even with the removal of the Killbits Patch KB973346 I still cannot get it to work with Access 2003

It is not realistic to install VB6 on every PC that uses the Access .adp so that any usage or licence issues are removed.
    Even then I am not sure it will resolve all the issues

SO....

Anyone know of a way round this using the MSHFLEXGRID OCX (that would be my ideal solution because it would not involve a lot of code re-writing)
    OR
    Any suggestions for an alternative solution.
    It is viable to use another Active X Grid Control if anyone can suggest a
    good one that is not too expensive and does not have a PC by PC Licence.
    Andrew

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    See this newsgroup thread, in particular Graham Mandeno's replies.

Tony Toews has some links on his website to Access Compatible Grid Controls. (I don't have any experience with the products mentioned)

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='795017' date='26-Sep-2009 14:07']See this newsgroup thread, in particular Graham Mandeno's replies.

Tony Toews has some links on his website to Access Compatible Grid Controls. (I don't have any experience with the products mentioned)[/quote]

Thanks.

I will investigate and report back if I get a suitable solution.

As someone said in one of the articles.
    Amazing that Microsoft killed off one of their own controls.
    Andrew

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    For what it is worth, we have used a number of the DBI Technologies OCX controls and have found them to be reliable and relatively straightforward to implement. Their grid control is ctGrid, and is mentioned on Tony's link. You can get the details about it here DBI ctGrid. Unfortunately, it looks like they want to sell you their entire package of COM controls, which makes it a bit pricey for the one control. We use between 8 and 13 of their controls in some of our applications, which makes it easier to justify.
    Wendell

Thanks
    [quote name='WendellB' post='795043' date='26-Sep-2009 21:41']For what it is worth, we have used a number of the DBI Technologies OCX controls and have found them to be reliable and relatively straightforward to implement. Their grid control is ctGrid, and is mentioned on Tony's link. You can get the details about it here DBI ctGrid. Unfortunately, it looks like they want to sell you their entire package of COM controls, which makes it a bit pricey for the one control. We use between 8 and 13 of their controls in some of our applications, which makes it easier to justify.[/quote]

Thanks Wendell and Hans.

Will look into the DBI controls for future use.
    Managed to get the MSFLEXGRID control working and registered from Threads in Hans reply.
    Not the MSHFlexgrid, but the MSFlexgrid is close enough to be able to make a few code alterations,
    and get the application working.

Thanks again chaps.
    Andrew