Thanks
    Please could someone who has Small Business Server 2008 Premium Edition installed on its two servers let me know how much memory they have installed (and being used) and disk space used by the system components, on each server.

We are looking into the possibility of getting a new hunky server to be the primary server, running 64-bit Windows, and keeping our current Terminal Server to be the secondary/application/SQL Server server running 32-bit - if only so we can install all our current 32-bit printer drivers on it...

Has anyone gone 64-bit on both servers, and what was their experience?

Thanks!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks
    Well, we got a 24 GB Dell PE T610, and it runs rather faster than my test SBS 2008 Medion 'server' with a Core 2 Quad 2.5 GHz anda mere 4 GB. With the latter box it can take several seconds to come up with the logon screen having pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del.

And finding 64-bit printer drivers wasn't so much of a problem as I had feared.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Sorry I missed your original post - we have two clients that have put in 8GB 2008 standard servers several months ago - both dual quad cores, and they get really good performance. And the 64-bit print drivers haven't been an issue either. They are quite happy so far, even though switching domain controllers is a major pain.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I want to clear up a misconception: In SBS 2008 Premium, the 2nd server does not have to be 64-bit; it can be 32-bit. At SATV we have a Dell PE1900 with 8G running SBS itself while our former SBS machine, an older Dell PE1800, runs Server 2008 32-bit. This older Dell server works very well with Server 2008; in fact, it has given that machine another life.