Thread: password

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am trying to add a lap top remotely to my network but when I try to connect it asks for a password. I can never recall having set one, is there a way to override or some kind of default. It's Windows Vista Home Basic. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Darren.

Thanks
    [quote name='iksotof' post='795095' date='27-Sep-2009 19:18']I am trying to add a lap top remotely to my network but when I try to connect it asks for a password. I can never recall having set one, is there a way to override or some kind of default. It's Windows Vista Home Basic. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Darren.[/quote]
    Have a look at
    lifehacker.com/354013/reveal-wi+fi-network-passwords-with-wirelesskeyview
    I used it a while ago

Thanks
    [quote name='iksotof' post='795095' date='27-Sep-2009 10:18']I am trying to add a lap top remotely to my network but when I try to connect it asks for a password. I can never recall having set one, is there a way to override or some kind of default. It's Windows Vista Home Basic. Any help is appreciated.[/quote]
    If I understand you correctly, this is the wireless password that you will have set up in your router, which has to be entered to allow the laptop to connect to it. It may go by names such as WEP key, WPA2 password, and so on, depending on the level of security that was set. You may have to go into your router's web pages to find this, or if you used a default it may be on a sticker underneath the router...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Vista loves having a password on every machine.
    You will find that if you use the same user account names and passwords on any networked machine that has a Vista or Windows 7 machine on it, then the password issues go away.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.