New Lounger
    Thanks

How to Export Calendar Events (Outlook 2000 SP1)

How do you export specific daily events to a usable (versatile) format from Outlook 2000 SP1?

I am trying to find a way to export a group of events from the Outlook Calendar folder. They are all called

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How to Export Calendar Events (Outlook 2000 SP1)

Your problem with exports - I thimk - is that there is a built in limit in field size, so your notes get truncated. A lot of the 3rd party tools for printing from the calendar have the same problem.

Possibly your best bet is to use Access to attach to your mailbox. Use File | Get External, then set the file type to Outlook. The biggest problem with this is that it exposes the raw field names and data. It can take a while to figure out what is what. Also, categories a a challenge because they are stored as a comma separated list. On the other hand you have all the query and reporting power in Access available. G'luck.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

outlook has a character limit on exporting notes - that sounds like your problem. excle has a similar limit on cell size.

can you set your folder view to show the fields you need and copy and paste into notepad or word? (in a test, it looks like views have a similar limit)

New Lounger
    Thanks

I apologise for taking so long to post my response here

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I use a program called Quickword. I use the date/time shortcut at the beginning, then I'm good to go. It allows much longer documents than the built-in Memo pad in my Handspring Visor. I don't do a daily journal, but I use it to take minutes at meetings (using a Stowaway keyboard). Works for me.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I recently found this post. I just have one question , when you import the calendar which field is the actual time and date of the appointment?