4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    A friend of mine recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007. The main problem he has encountered is security issues when trying to open a database in 2000 format (the default format for 2003 database files).

Are there other issues of which anyone is aware?

Are there benefits, or drawbacks, to using Access 2007?

Tom

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have a look at Allen Browne's comprehensive summary on Converting to Access 2007.

The Security changes don't just relate to 2000 format files - you need to use trusted locations to run VBA code in any database.

I have been using for about a year now, and see very little advantage. I would be perfectly happy to go back to 2003, but most of my clients now use 2007 so I am stuck here.
    Regards
    John

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='johnhutchison' post='795264' date='28-Sep-2009 12:41']Have a look at Allen Browne's comprehensive summary on Converting to Access 2007.

The Security changes don't just relate to 2000 format files - you need to use trusted locations to run VBA code in any database.

I have been using for about a year now, and see very little advantage. I would be perfectly happy to go back to 2003, but most of my clients now use 2007 so I am stuck here.[/quote]
    Thanks, John. I appreciate your experience.

Tom