New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have WHS installed at a very remote client. They have put a new PC on the network and would like it added to the backup - has anyone tried pushing the client connector software remotely?

Or do I need to make a trip and install manually? Anyone used any software that remotely installs applications (Besides Group Policy)???

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='calmdata' post='795533' date='29-Sep-2009 13:21']I have WHS installed at a very remote client. They have put a new PC on the network and would like it added to the backup - has anyone tried pushing the client connector software remotely?

Or do I need to make a trip and install manually? Anyone used any software that remotely installs applications (Besides Group Policy)???

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks![/quote]

Can you talk them through accessing the Software folder share on the WHS machine?

The installation file for the Connector software should be in the "Home Server Connector Software" folder.

Or can you use Remote Desktop to connect to the client and navigate to the WHS shared folder?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='795556' date='29-Sep-2009 16:07']Can you talk them through accessing the Software folder share on the WHS machine?

The installation file for the Connector software should be in the "Home Server Connector Software" folder.

Or can you use Remote Desktop to connect to the client and navigate to the WHS shared folder?

Joe[/quote]

Possibly. But that's what they pay me for.

The new PC does not have RDP set up yet. A push option would be so much simpler. Maybe I could create a batch file - and have them double click it...

Thanks!