Thread: random text

New Lounger
    Thanks

Lightbulb

I am trying to insert random text for some computer work on Word 2007. I know that =rand(3,5) should imput some text. I have the = sign on the left margin of the page. Question, Why am I not getting my results?

JimD

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

Make sure that there is no other text on the same line, either before or after the "formula". Does it work if you type

=rand()

(without numbers between the parentheses) in an empty paragraph and press Enter?

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='795619' date='30-Sep-2009 16:23']Welcome to the Lounge!

Make sure that there is no other text on the same line, either before or after the "formula". Does it work if you type

=rand()

(without numbers between the parentheses) in an empty paragraph and press Enter?[/quote]
    To further expand on the answer from HansV you can place 2 figures between the parentheses. ie (4,2) This will result in 4 paragraphs each of two sentences. The figures must be separated by a comma.
    We used it in Word 1 as a means of starting the classes off at the same point.
    It is important to hit the enter key.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='E_OGRADY' post='795622' date='30-Sep-2009 09:50']The figures must be separated by a comma.[/quote]
    Actually, you must use the list separator character specified in your system settings.
    For English language versions of Windows this is usually a comma, but continental European versions often use the semi-colon ; as list separator (since the comma is in use as decimal separator).