New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a workbook that is linked to several other workbooks and it gets emailed out for updates to the static fields monthly. When I get the sheet back, return email from end user, all of the cell references are pointing to their local PC and not what was originally scripted in the formulas.

I overlay their recent emailed copy over the place holder in a designated folder and when I open the folder I can update the links in the EDIT LINKS option.

This does not work once I have the end users copy of the email.

Why does the path information change?

Please help.

-Ronnie =)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't know what happens, but it's not a good idea to e-mail a workbook with external references. You should send out a workbook without them. You can use another workbook with links to that workbook and to other ones.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='795712' date='30-Sep-2009 13:26']I don't know what happens, but it's not a good idea to e-mail a workbook with external references. You should send out a workbook without them. You can use another workbook with links to that workbook and to other ones.[/quote]

Thanks Hans. I was afraid of that. Well as always I appreciate you sharing your wisdom! =)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Can't you change the link source in the emailed copy back to where it should be?
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association