Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Someone sent me an email with a .exe attachment, and Outlook 2003 has blocked access to this.

I want to file the email, but I would like to delete the 3MByte attachment first, just to avoid wasting disk space. What's the easiest way to do this?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='StuartR' post='795736' date='30-Sep-2009 16:06']Someone sent me an email with a .exe attachment, and Outlook 2003 has blocked access to this.

I want to file the email, but I would like to delete the 3MByte attachment first, just to avoid wasting disk space. What's the easiest way to do this?[/quote]

See if Opening Attachments Blocked by the Microsoft Outlook E-mail Security Update helps.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I think you'll have to unblock .exe attachments (temporarily if you wish). See Unblock blocked attachments in Microsoft Outlook.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='795739' date='30-Sep-2009 22:12']See if Opening Attachments Blocked by the Microsoft Outlook E-mail Security Update helps.[/quote]
    Thanks, that did the trick. I added the relevant registry key, restarted Outlook, deleted the .exe attachments, and then deleted the registry key again.