2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I bought an Easy Transfer Cable for Windows 7 because the jerk at Walmart said it would work on Vista, too. I installed the program on the old computer per the instructions, hooked up the cable to both computers, and a message came up on the old computer that the new computer wouldn't recognize the cable.
    It won't work because the software for ETCW7 is an update for Vista.
    Is there some way to get around this so I can use this $40 cable? Can I download the Easy
    transfer software for my my old XP computer so the file exchange will work?
    It's a 70 mile round trip to the store. I've already made it once and prefer not making it again.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='wwob' post='795755' date='30-Sep-2009 17:35']I bought an Easy Transfer Cable for Windows 7 because the jerk at Walmart said it would work on Vista, too. I installed the program on the old computer per the instructions, hooked up the cable to both computers, and a message came up on the old computer that the new computer wouldn't recognize the cable.
    It won't work because the software for ETCW7 is an update for Vista.
    Is there some way to get around this so I can use this $40 cable? Can I download the Easy
    transfer software for my my old XP computer so the file exchange will work?
    It's a 70 mile round trip to the store. I've already made it once and prefer not making it again.[/quote]

Download details: Windows Easy Transfer for Windows XP supports XP to Vista.

Note: there are other useful links on the download page.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='795767' date='30-Sep-2009 20:39']Download details: Windows Easy Transfer for Windows XP supports XP to Vista.

Note: there are other useful links on the download page.

Joe[/quote]

Thank you for your response. That was just what I was looking for.