Lounger
    Thanks
    I am totally baffled by this, but that doesn't really mean anything. My co-worker received some pdf's. When she went to print them they printed on 11X17 paper! We looked in the print options and that is what size they say they are. We tried without success to figure out how to adjust them to print on standard 8.5X11 letter size. Couldn't find a way.

I told her to email them to me so that I could try to figure it out. On my machine they show as 8.5X11. I printed them fine.

Why are they a different size on her machine?

TIA

Bret

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='Gasman' post='795932' date='01-Oct-2009 15:18']I am totally baffled by this, but that doesn't really mean anything. My co-worker received some pdf's. When she went to print them they printed on 11X17 paper! We looked in the print options and that is what size they say they are. We tried without success to figure out how to adjust them to print on standard 8.5X11 letter size. Couldn't find a way.

I told her to email them to me so that I could try to figure it out. On my machine they show as 8.5X11. I printed them fine.

Why are they a different size on her machine?[/quote]

Did you check the default settings for the printer on her machine?

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='Gasman' post='795932' date='01-Oct-2009 13:18']My co-worker received some pdf's. When she went to print them they printed on 11X17 paper! We looked in the print options and that is what size they say they are. We tried without success to figure out how to adjust them to print on standard 8.5X11 letter size.[/quote]
    If you are launching the PDFs from webmail, there may be a difference in browser behavior vs. stand-alone Adobe Reader behavior. Try downloading/saving them to the local hard drive first.

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='795939' date='01-Oct-2009 20:49']Did you check the default settings for the printer on her machine?

Joe[/quote]
    Hi Joe,

That was the first thing I checked.