2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Excuse my ignorance, but how do you "play", i.e., display pictures in a Windows Media Player library, one at a time, full screen? I don't do "music", "videos", "movies", on my PC as a rule. I recently "played" a video while online, and it used my WMP feature to display that video.
    That got me interested in my WMP, and I stumbled onto "playing" the preinstalled (by Dell?) picture library, one picture at a time. This was a week ago or so.
    I went back to the WMP and tried to replay that library of pictures to no avail. I searched the HELP, no luck. Searched online, no luck. Can't find a description of how to play this library.
    How do I play a picture library. (This is really dumb on my part, I know)
    My OS is WinXP/SP3; my WMP is ver 11.
    I have never added anything to my PC related to WMP; it all came preloaded by Dell, I assume.

flavet

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='flavet' post='796218' date='03-Oct-2009 14:45']... how do you "play", i.e., display pictures in a Windows Media Player library, one at a time, full screen?[/quote]
    Other than the fact that you may have stumbled on an example of pictures using WMP, is there some specific reason you want to go that route? The reason I ask is that there are programs available on the web, some free, some not so free, that will take you picture input and create a WMP "movie" of them. The main two problems I saw with that was the HUGE size of the file if you have anything larger than a few pictures, plus the user has no control other than start-stop.

In the thread at Post 791666 you'll see that I went on a recent quest for HTML slideshow software because an HTML slideshow can either be "played" on the local machine, from the internet if you store the slideshow somewhere on the web or you could produce a CD/DVD for playing with that medium.

Anyway, in that thread, you'll see that I've settled on Jalbum and have been satisfied with it so far. It's easy to use or upload to a web page if you have one. If you were to put the files on a CD, anyone with a browser could look at your show.

If you want to see where I started "looking" for software, go here: Photo Slideshow Software Review 2009

Here's a link provided by Alan Miller where I found JAlbum: FREE HTML Image Gallery Tools - Freeware

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry about that 15:30 post.
    Thank you for the reply to my original post. However, I was not wanting to get into a whole bunch of things related to the WMP and pictures, music, videos, movies, etc. Just wanted to replay the pictures that already exist on my PC.

flavet

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I removed the Oops, 15:30 post

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='flavet' post='796222' date='03-Oct-2009 15:48']... Just wanted to replay the pictures that already exist on my PC.[/quote]
    If that's the case, you might want to look at the free FastStone Image Viewer

It lets you pick a folder on your drive and look at the pictures one at a time or in slideshow fashion.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Even the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer that comes with Windows XP has a simple slide show feature.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, one and all. I think these should do it. Again, thanks.

flavet