New Lounger
    Thanks

Close multiple ADODB connections in VB (VB6)

I have several computers logged on to a central Access database using VB, and I am trying to close all the connections to every workstation by issuing a command from one workstation, is there any way this can be done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Close multiple ADODB connections in VB (VB6)

The only thing that comes to mind is having the VB program "listen" for a signal from a central source. If the user's PC isn't listening on some kind of loop, I don't see how you could make it close its connection. Having said this, I'm not sure how you would send this message to the other users. I believe there are facilities in the Windows API for doing this (e.g., whatever makes the winpopup program work), or you could simplify it by writing the message to a database or text file that the users poll using native VB features.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Are you trying to close connections or are you trying to log people out of the database? They aren't the same thing. If you want to kick people out of the database, you can download a free tool called Jet4Admin from <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.fmsinc.com>FMS Inc</A> that will allow you to administer a Jet database from a network and force users to log out.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Charlotte

I am trying to free up the mdb file, so I can delete it without getting a 'file sharing violation' error. I have found in a single user environment that "connection.close" is sufficient to do this, so I need to issue similar commands to other workstations.

Roger