4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Am trying to have a remote location install SR1a to Access 2000. They are running windows XP Home with SR 3 installed.
    We tried installing Access SR-1a from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=EN and everything proceeded fine until the download began. It immediately aborted.

We also copied SR 1a to a disk, copied it to the desktop and opened the exe file. The same thing happened in that it aborted once it said the download was beginning.

Any suggestion?

Tom

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Do they have the original disks for Office 2000, and have them in the CD-ROM drive? And is Office 2000 already installed? How much disk space do they have free? I'm afraid you may not get much in the way of support from Microsoft - Office 2000 is over 10 years old, and has been end-of-life support for some time.
    Wendell

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    They have the Original Office 2000 disks and it is currently installed. They have 25.2 gigs of unused space on the hard drive. Having the Office 2000 disk in the drive did not change the abort.

There is a fairly simple work around for the problem that is occurring so I think we will leave this alone for the time being. They indicate they will be getting a new computer in the next 60 days so they will probably be installing a new version of Access.

Thank for the help.

Tom

[quote name='WendellB' post='796467' date='05-Oct-2009 15:27']Do they have the original disks for Office 2000, and have them in the CD-ROM drive? And is Office 2000 already installed? How much disk space do they have free? I'm afraid you may not get much in the way of support from Microsoft - Office 2000 is over 10 years old, and has been end-of-life support for some time.[/quote]