Thread: Winfax

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I have a user that sends faxes from an Access database using winfax. This has worked fine for him for years. Recently (they believe in the past 3 months) winfax will resend old faxes that were sent weeks and months ago and that have been deleted from the que. There is no rhyme nor reason behind what records it picks to refax. There have been no changes to the access database so I'm assuming its winfax.

Thanks,
    Leesha

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leesha' post='796535' date='05-Oct-2009 21:38']Hi,

I have a user that sends faxes from an Access database using winfax. This has worked fine for him for years. Recently (they believe in the past 3 months) winfax will resend old faxes that were sent weeks and months ago and that have been deleted from the que. There is no rhyme nor reason behind what records it picks to refax. There have been no changes to the access database so I'm assuming its winfax.

Thanks,
    Leesha[/quote]

How do they normally get into the queue in the first place? I presume manually, but something has changed and my first guess is that the faxes are being sent automatically. You say there have been no changes to the Access database and assume that it is WinFax, but I suspect that WinFax has not had an update 'for years', where you have have presumably been downloading updates to Windows and to Access at least monthly.

On the other hand, you probably have not checked to see if there is a patch or update available for WinFax, so I suggest that you check for updates first, and if nothing has happened that you have to admit to being your fault, then report the problem to both of your sources of external change. It may be something that requires a patch, and they should be the first to know.