Thread: Windows Tricks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Woody: Hey I bought Blogging for Dummies, I bought Winders Vista for dummies, and I bought the big ole Windows XP for Dummies, with your picture in it !!. PLEASE SOMEBODY tell me WHAT Dummies book shows how to get rid of the little ugly arrow on the desktop shortcuts, icons.
    I bought a Winders for Dummies of SOMEKIND that was by Andy Rathbone a couple decades ago that must have had a zillion neat little winders fix-up, dress-up and clean-up tricks in it. But lost the book (some little maggot grandkid took it ) and I cannot find one no whur.
    help me out Please ! ( I hate that ugly little arrow on the shortcut icon - don't you !! )

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to The Lounge!

I use TweakUI for Windows XP.

[attachment=85847:2009_10_06_200528.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='theinfideldog' post='796675' date='06-Oct-2009 19:52'] Woody: Hey I bought Blogging for Dummies, I bought Winders Vista for dummies, and I bought the big ole Windows XP for Dummies, with your picture in it !!. PLEASE SOMEBODY tell me WHAT Dummies book shows how to get rid of the little ugly arrow on the desktop shortcuts, icons.
    I bought a Winders for Dummies of SOMEKIND that was by Andy Rathbone a couple decades ago that must have had a zillion neat little winders fix-up, dress-up and clean-up tricks in it. But lost the book (some little maggot grandkid took it ) and I cannot find one no whur.
    help me out Please ! ( I hate that ugly little arrow on the shortcut icon - don't you !! ) [/quote]

I suggest you go to Help from the Start button, and type in Mouse Pointers. That will give you a pile of things including mouse pointers in the Control Panel.

Ease up on the books and get serious about using Help. It eventually sank in at Microsoft and other places that you can put entire libraries of 'books' in the form of 'hypertext' on computers instead of giving people wheelbarrows full of big fat books every time they buy a computer or a system. 'Personalization' is what mouse pointer settings etc. is called in the control panel of Vista, in case you are using that.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    If your question if about Vista see WinBubble 1.76, "Customization and Tweaks, Not Just for Geek's But For ALL" - UnlockForUs for a free tool to tweak Vista. The download link is at the bottom of the page.

Joe
    Joe

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='796770' date='07-Oct-2009 09:33']If your question if about Vista see WinBubble 1.76, "Customization and Tweaks, Not Just for Geek's But For ALL" - UnlockForUs for a free tool to tweak Vista. The download link is at the bottom of the page.

Joe[/quote]

Terrific link Joe. Wished I'd had that long ago.