2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Arrow

I have nine control buttons on an Excel worksheet named Frontpage. Each of the nine buttons, when pushed, will allow users to run specific filtered queries on a worksheet called DSI Data. I want to use list boxes to access the data for these queries (e.g. "by employee name", "by team number", "by date range" etc.) and the data for the list boxes resides in a worksheet called Lists. I also want to display the filtered data for the user on a temporary worksheet, so the user isn't playing with the original data. So the user will push a button and get a listbox, from which they can select an employee, a team, etc. A specific query will then run on that data.

I haven't programmed a list box in over ten years, and it seems that the built in ones in Excel need the data on the same worksheet as the list box. That's not going to be possible, so I'm guessing I'll need VBA list boxes. But I'm way over my head on this part of the project, and need any help I can get. Thanks in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    List boxes from the Forms toolbox can take an input range from another worksheet: specify the input range in the form SheetName!A1:A4.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='796697' date='07-Oct-2009 01:42']List boxes from the Forms toolbox can take an input range from another worksheet: specify the input range in the form SheetName!A1:A4.[/quote]
    How do I put that behind a control button?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    To answer that we'd need to know much more about your workbook and what you want to accomplish.