New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2000 Footer (Word 2000 SR-1 )

I have several documents that I need to insert as one file. I have a "Continuous" field in the footer that suppresses the statement on the last page of each document. Is there a way to add this statement and suppress the last page footer before inserting another file?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 2000 Footer (Word 2000 SR-1 )

Hi, Cheri -- I think you may be able to get the desired results by:
    <UL><LI>In main document, go to the end and insert a continuous section break, setting up the footer for that section in the manner you want for the entire combined document
    <LI>For the statement, enclose it in an If statement (Sample attached... please view with and without show/hide)
    <LI>beginning with the last document, position your cursor just before the section break and use Insert / File
    <LI>Work your way toward the beginning of the document, inserting as you go.[/list]Theoretically, Word's default of "same as previous" should overwrite the existing footers in the imported documents as you insert them... providing you work from back to front.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Karen

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 2000 Footer (Word 2000 SR-1 )

Thanks. I was on the right track with section breaks; just didn't think of doing it "backwards."