3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a spreadsheet on two machines. Let's call the wbk "Hello-1.xls"
    Older Laptop with XL 2003
    New Desktop with XL2007

For the first week on the new box I was able to open and use my wbk but had to go thru a few questions about converting a trial version of xl.
    After converting to 2007 I saved my wbk, then emailed it to myself and opened it on the laptop (as I have done 1000s of times). I worked on the "Hello-1.xls" on my laptop, saved it with a modified name-- "Hello-2.xls", then emailed it back to myself and tried to open it on the new desktop.

However, when I tried to open the new version - Hello-2 from Windows Mail, Excel opens it as Hello-1 as if by default I had asked it to open a backup version #-1.

I tried bypassing the email program by transferring via a flashdrive. Same result.
    I then deleted Hello-1 from the desktop, renamed the "Hello-2" on my laptop to "xyz", put that on my flash drive and tried opening it on the desktop. Guess what, it opened "xyz" as Hello-1.

What has MSFT done? How can I fix this?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you sure xyz isn't open in a separate window behind the one showing Hello-1? In other words, maybe Excel opens Hello-1 every time?
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='pieterse' post='796890' date='08-Oct-2009 05:58']Are you sure xyz isn't open in a separate window behind the one showing Hello-1? In other words, maybe Excel opens Hello-1 every time?[/quote]
    I think this will solve my problem. Somehow this wbk got saved to my XLSTART folder, so it was opening everytime. Perhaps xyz was behind it.
    I''ve cleared the XLSTART folder and am now able to open Hello-2.

New question:
    I have saved Hello-2.xlsm on my laptop as a Macro-enabled wbk (.xlsm) and I have placed it in a Folder that I identified as a Trusted Folder.
    This allows me to bypass the Security Options dialog with the radio button to Enable the macros.

I then open the revised (emailed from laptop to desktop) Hello-2 and immediately SAVE AS an .xlsm file to the Trusted Folder in the desktop.
    Subsequent openings of the file in the desktop still require enabling the macros. Why aren't the macros automatically enabled when I save the file as .xlsm?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you sure that folder is a trusted one?
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association