5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In Word 2007, the highlighted word quite often is incorrectly positioned out of view in the spelling check pane. It should be displayed within view automatically (without having to scroll down manually in the spelling check pane - see attachment). This happens quite often in various documents but never happened in Word 2000 or 2003 on the same computer. Is this a bug in Word 2007, or do I need to adjust a setting somewhere?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    [quote name='Murgatroyd' post='796861' date='07-Oct-2009 15:36']In Word 2007, the highlighted word quite often is incorrectly positioned out of view in the spelling check pane.[/quote]
    That is inconvenient. Have you noticed any pattern to it? I noticed there are paragraph format markers in your example. Are you using keep lines together and is that related to the problem?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No, I have not noticed any pattern to this. The "Keep lines together" paragraph option does happen to be selected in the paragraphs shown in my previous example, but this is not related to the problem, which occurs in various places in various documents regardless of formatting (see further examples in attachment, from two other documents). I also tried changing the size of the document display area (e.g., showing/hiding the ribbon, moving the Quick Access toolbar above/below the ribbon, showing/hiding the Windows taskbar), but this did not help.

Thanks
    [quote name='Murgatroyd' post='796883' date='07-Oct-2009 20:13']No, I have not noticed any pattern to this.[/quote]
    I can't replicate it in a little test document. If you find a paragraph that reliably has this problem, could you paste it into a new document and post it?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The problem seems to relate to the position on the page of the word being checked; e.g., in the last of my previous examples, the affected word is four lines from the bottom of the page; if I insert a page break at the beginning of the line or one line above, then the problem goes away, but if I insert a page break two or three lines above, then the problem returns. However, the problem does not seem to be related to page breaks specifically (the examples do not contain any nearby ones), and the problem can occur at any position on a page.

The problem occurs reliably in the attached document on the word "EXAFS".

Thanks
    [quote name='Murgatroyd' post='796885' date='07-Oct-2009 20:42']The problem occurs reliably in the attached document on the word "EXAFS".[/quote]
    Strange. If I add enough text into that sentence to make it one line longer in the dialog, then it sometimes works correctly. Not sure what is going on.