Lounger
    Thanks
    I have spreadsheets sent to me for each payroll, 26 per year. I want to create a year to date total worksheet. I started by copying the layout of these biweekly spreadsheets. I then was doing copy and pasting the link adding each payroll into the YTD spreadsheet. I was unable to complete this because the formula was too long. I hit the 1024 barrier I am told.

I am sure that I am going about this in the most difficult way. Is there some way to get my totals for hours and without creating more spreadsheets?

Bret

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You could import all sheets into your "master" workbook. You can then use formulas like this:

=SUM('First Sheet:Last Sheet'!A1)

to sum numbers across many sheets. (Take care not to include the summary sheet in the range of sheets, that would cause a circular reference)

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='796962' date='08-Oct-2009 15:43']You could import all sheets into your "master" workbook. You can then use formulas like this:

=SUM('First Sheet:Last Sheet'!A1)

to sum numbers across many sheets. (Take care not to include the summary sheet in the range of sheets, that would cause a circular reference)[/quote]
    that is what I have decided to do. Now I have a new issue. When a new employee is added they will cause my formulas to be in error due to the wrong cells being referenced. Any ideas on an easy fix to this?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You could add a blank sheet named First before the first employee sheet and also a blank sheet named Last after the last employee sheet.
    When you get new data sheets, insert them somewhere between First and Last.
    You can sum from First to Last, and you won't have to modify the formulas when you insert new data sheets.