3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Never encountered this before--

I have text I've copied(in this, the footer title, but I've tried other text) that I am trying to copy into the comments and title fields in the Document Properties toolbar. Nothing shows up there, and even more strangely, after having attempted this paste, Word seems to have removed this copied text from the clipboard, or wherever it resides. I know this b/c I am then unable to paste this text into another Word or Notepad document. If I don't try to paste this same copied text anywhere in the Document Properties field, but instead paste it into a new Word or Notepad document, the paste process works fine.

This has never happened before and I have no idea what is wrong. Another person at work encountered this same error.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    PS- I can also not copy from Word 2007 to Outlook email messages. This happened before once last year and I've no idea a)what cause it and how it corrected itself. Anyone?

Also, if I have 2 (or more) Word docs open, and I minimize one I've been working with and then attempt to work in the 2nd one that I have maximized, I get no cursor/mouse response anywhere in that document (i.e., no buttons or menus respond in this doc.) until I re-maximize the 1st Word doc (the one I'd minimized) and click anywhere within it. A minor annoyance, but one nevertheless. Is this a bug?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='796985' date='08-Oct-2009 19:30']Is this a bug?[/quote]
    It is most likely to be an add-on or macro that is interfering with normal word functioning.

I am not sure if Systematic Approach to behavioral Problems in Word is appropriate for Word 2007, but have a look and see if it helps, otherwise you can try going to the Word Options dialog box and looking at the add-ins to see what might be interfering with normal Word behaviour.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='796985' date='08-Oct-2009 14:30']PS- I can also not copy from Word 2007 to Outlook email messages. This happened before once last year and I've no idea a)what cause it and how it corrected itself. Anyone?

Also, if I have 2 (or more) Word docs open, and I minimize one I've been working with and then attempt to work in the 2nd one that I have maximized, I get no cursor/mouse response anywhere in that document (i.e., no buttons or menus respond in this doc.) until I re-maximize the 1st Word doc (the one I'd minimized) and click anywhere within it. A minor annoyance, but one nevertheless. Is this a bug?[/quote]
    Have you by any chance changed monitors or any of your Display settings recently? - on rare occasions, problems like you describe can be caused by flakiness relating to graphics settings - this is a longshot, but to eliminate this as a possible cause, you can try the following: Go to Control Panel > Display. In the Display Properties dialog, click on the Settings tab, and then the Advanced button. From there, click on the Troubleshoot tab, and try reducing Hardware acceleration to a lower setting. Relaunch Word and see if that makes any difference (if it doesn't, you can always set it back to the way it was previously). If it does make a difference, you can experiment to find the highest Hardware acceleration setting that won't mess up Word. Again, probably won't help, but worth trying...

Gary

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    For your information, hardware acceleration can only be tweaked in Windows XP and before; it's not available in Windows Vista.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='797119' date='09-Oct-2009 10:48']For your information, hardware acceleration can only be tweaked in Windows XP and before; it's not available in Windows Vista.[/quote]
    Thanks for that info - have managed to avoid Vista thus far! Reckon my next PC will run Windows 7 - no doubt same constraint will apply there as well.

Gary