Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

I am using Access 2003.

I created a blank database & then imported over a table including the data, delete all & update queries & macro that runs all this.

If I run the update macro in this new database, all works just fine.

I then returned to the main database I copied this table from & deleted the table.

Next I linked to the table in the new database (all Access 2003 & in the same folder on my HD). The link works just fune as I can see the data when I open the table.

When I try & perform the same update now against the linked table, it appears that the import starts with the progress bar, but then I get a Numeric Overflow error.

If I delete the linked table & import it back, it updates just fine, no errors. (1.8M rows)

I am only getting this error when trying to import the data while the table is linked, not while it is local to the database.

Any ideas? (I am not near the 2G limit, linked DB is 368K and main DB is 1.1G or 1.5 with table local instead of linked)
    Stealing from one is call plagiarism, stealing from many is called research. ;-)~

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Which version of Access are you using? You first mention Access 2003, then 2007...

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    2003 (I have corrected the post).
    Stealing from one is call plagiarism, stealing from many is called research. ;-)~

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The same problem is reported in Error 3349 (Numeric Field Overflow) Only If DB is Split; the workaround suggested there is to import the table into a local table, update it, then export again. Not very efficient...

Star Lounger
    Thanks

And that "solution" is just what I am trying to get away from!.

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I agree it's a PITA! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an explanation of what causes the problem, or a satisfactory solution...