3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I know this isn't in the office suite so I'm posting here hoping that someone can give me a generic, "this is how you completely flush out a program" advice.

I installed MS Money 2002 just a few weeks ago but it wasn't working for me, and now I can't get rid of it. I've gone through the uninstall process, but I still get messages telling me the program is trying to load, and the shortcut has reappeared as well. Isn't there a register key or something like that that I need to purge? Any helpful advice is welcome!

Naomi

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='naomi' post='797055' date='08-Oct-2009 20:36']I know this isn't in the office suite so I'm posting here hoping that someone can give me a generic, "this is how you completely flush out a program" advice.

I installed MS Money 2002 just a few weeks ago but it wasn't working for me, and now I can't get rid of it. I've gone through the uninstall process, but I still get messages telling me the program is trying to load, and the shortcut has reappeared as well. Isn't there a register key or something like that that I need to purge? Any helpful advice is welcome!

Naomi[/quote]

See if How to remove and reinstall Microsoft Money helps.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have also found CCleaner -- http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ -- to have an excellent uninstaller...as well as a nifty cleaner-upper...for uncooperatives that won't go away. :-)

Hope that's useful...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried Revo uninstaller?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad Griffin View Post
    I have also found CCleaner -- http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ -- to have an excellent uninstaller...as well as a nifty cleaner-upper...for uncooperatives that won't go away. :-)

Hope that's useful...
    I agree. It works well.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Ccleaner as well but think Revo would be your best bet. Its purpose made to remove preloaded trial Office 2007 off laptops, and should do the job, just make sure you delete the Money Reg entries at the end of the uninstall. However maybe after the attempts you've already made you'll need to reinstall money so it appears in the program list. Otherwise i think Revo will do the best job