Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all,
    We are tracking outcomes for patients that attend a ‘cardiac rehab program’. The outcomes are compared to what is done with a patient during the program.

I have a main data entry form that is a tabbed form to keep all of the data entry fields on one screen.

I have not seen this done before, but I am trying to use one subform twice on a main form – and need it to display different fields in each of the subforms.

Or, is there an easier way to accomplish this:

The tabs are:
    DEMOGRAPHICS
    PRE-PROGRAM
    POST-PROGRAM

On the Pre Procedure tab, we need to know what the patient’s personal goals are for attending the program (weight loss, endurance, etc – and they can have many)…then, later, the Post Program tab; we need to know whether the goals were Met, Ongoing, or Not Attempted.

My GoalDetail table includes:

PatientGoalID
    PatientID
    GoalID
    Goal (drop down)
    Met
    Ongoing
    NotAttempted

Is there a way to see and populate the ‘Goal’ field on the Pre Program Tab, then still be able to see the Goal along with being able to see and populate the ‘Met’, ‘Ongoing’ and ‘NotAttempted’ on the Post Program Tab? That way, the goal is visible to them when they later fill in the Met, Ongoing and Not Attempted when the patient is post program…

Thank you,
    Vicky

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd create two subforms: one that doesn't display the outcome (for the Pre-Program tab) and another that does display the outcome (for the Post-Program tab).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    By the way, Not Attempted, Ongoing and Met look like mutually exclusive choices. If that is correct, you shouldn't use three Yes/No fields but a single (number) field with three options, e.g. 1=Not Attempted, 2=Ongoing and 3=Met.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    You can use the same subform more than once on a form. Typically, you'd have something different in the Linking Fields to display different data.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I've used a subform as many as 7 times on different tabs on the main form. In that case we were entering a good deal of data related to a main record, and the data had the same format but with slightly different parameters. The subforms were unbound, and used a layout very similar to the data layout on the index cards that contained the data. It was an approach suggested by an associate of mine, and worked quite well.
    Wendell

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='797125' date='09-Oct-2009 15:57']I'd create two subforms: one that doesn't display the outcome (for the Pre-Program tab) and another that does display the outcome (for the Post-Program tab).[/quote]

Of course, that works perfectly. I tried it before - but must have been doing something wrong!
    And, yes, you are correct - they should be only able to choose one - 1)Met, 2)Ongoing, 3)Not Attempted.
    I will change that...

Thank you as always,
    Vicky