Plutonium Lounger
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Adding to Jezza's story about his young'un...

I have always been a "sports nut" for many types of sporting events. I guess I've (unknowingly) passed some kind of genes to my (soon to be) 41 year old son. The other week when the University of Alabama was here in Lexington to thump the hides of our university's football team, I was telling my son that he and I attended such a game many years ago here in Lexington when the University of Alabama was still coached by the legendary Paul "Bear" Bryant, one of the best football coaches of all time.

That night I received an email from my son telling me that it was in September 1981. Knowing that he's a sports junkie like I am, I figured it was easy for him to look that up on the web. He knows and remembers "stuff" about MANY sports that happened in the early 1900s. I don't know how he does it.

Today, when I came home, I found that he has been here and left me his souvenir game program from that day 28 years ago when he was 13 years old! I have no idea how he came up with this except that my attic is stuffed with his sport books and other such "junk" that I guess he went up there and found this.

A postscript is that when he was 18 years old and getting ready to start college, I did encourage him to pursue a career in sports journalism because of his knowledge of sports and un-trained ability to write about the topic. In his freshman year he DID major in journalism but I guess he didn't like the "nuts and bolts" stuff you have to go through as a student, for he dropped it the next year and switched to political science, his "other" talent. These days the "kid" has a few basketball articles scattered about the web.

Daddy can be proud in any event! (As some will know, Mr. Bryant coached Kentucky before he left for Alabama.)

Attached Images Attached Images