New Lounger
    Thanks
    None of the support links from Microsoft get me any help.
    Red X in top left corner of error mesg box.
    Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. the set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file.
    C:\Users\Wanda\AppData\Local\Wicrosoft\Outlook\Out look.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information aobut the Inbox repair tool, see Help.

My questions: If I go to C:\Users\Wanda\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Out look.pst. (which I need help finding again), there's a part whee it says: Opens with and then a box to click :Change
    If I click that box, do I wreck my computer? I cna't get to the inbox repair tool.
    Is there a way I can fix this and not lose the contents of my inbox, sent messages, and the like?
    If I use the disc that came with the program to reinstall, will it erase everything?
    Appreciate anything you can tell me.
    Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Do not try to open the .pst file directly, or change the program to open it with.

See How to use the Inbox Repair Tools to recover e-mail messages in Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, and Outlook 2007 for instructions.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks so much. It took me awhile to find that Inbox Repair Tool, but it was well worth the time. I couldn't have done it without you.