Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    WinBubbles-Lite 2009 now available HERE.

Thanks
    For those of us who had never heard of this before, it's a system settings tweaker for Windows Vista.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='797620' date='12-Oct-2009 17:33']For those of us who had never heard of this before, it's a system settings tweaker for Windows Vista.[/quote]
    Not so sure if that's clear enough. The WinBubble program that I've had installed for Vista is at: Unlock for Us where there is also a link to this new one posted by PeterG. This new one says it's for Windows 7 "and" Vista.

I don't know how relevant the older one is any more.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

[quote name='Bigaldoc' post='797621' date='12-Oct-2009 17:38']Not so sure if that's clear enough. The WinBubble program that I've had installed for Vista is at: Unlock for Us where there is also a link to this new one posted by PeterG. This new one says it's for Windows 7 "and" Vista.

I don't know how relevant the older one is any more.[/quote]
    Al,

I'm contused...

I've been using WinBubbles too and this is the first I've heard of this "WinBubbles Lite 2009", although the paged linked says it was tested by them back in May of this year. There is also a link to "UnlockforUs" on that page too at the top. Do you or anyone else have a clue as to what the difference is between the two? is WinBubbles Lite a replacement for WinBubbles? are they from the same author(s)?...

Addendum: Right at the top it says:

A customization and tweaker designed for Windows 7 (Also works with Vista!). This is a small, light-weight, updatable and Open For All version of WinBubbles.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    THIS was the link that joeperez gave in a recent post in General Windows Solutions: RE: Windows Tricks. (I'll learn to cross-reference properly one day soon.) Bigaldoc had a post in that thread as well.

On revisiting it today I noted the link to WinBubbles Lite 2009. Since it is presumably a prototype for a version that will cover Windows 7 I thought there might be some interest, but I seem to have picked a bad starting-point for my link. I can see where it may be of value to me in setting up Windows 7.

Edited to add that I do not appear to have successfully downloaded it myself yet.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Good luck getting it down, Peter. I have it successfully - at least I can open the zip file and read a text file. I'll save it until my W7 RTM arrives in a week or so.

For Jeff, if he's still following, the question about "author" is somewhat explained in the file I read inside the zip. The file name is RegDevelopLicense.txt but in the text of that file they use the name UnlockForUs as the entity granting the license agreement.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='797674' date='13-Oct-2009 07:00']Good luck getting it down, Peter. I have it successfully - at least I can open the zip file and read a text file. I'll save it until my W7 RTM arrives in a week or so.

For Jeff, if he's still following, the question about "author" is somewhat explained in the file I read inside the zip. The file name is RegDevelopLicense.txt but in the text of that file they use the name UnlockForUs as the entity granting the license agreement.[/quote]

I guess it's still for developers, if anyone, so that leaves me out, but at least we can keep an eye out for a Win 7 version of the application(s).