Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Forms-Combo Box (XL97_SR2)

Is it possible to enlarge the font size in a combo box created from forms?

The XL navagation to create the form would be: View> Toolbars>Forms and then select Combo Box.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Forms-Combo Box (XL97_SR2)

There are four different ways that I know of to create a combo box: (1) forms, (2) data validation, (3) visual basic, and (4) userform.

The first way is the one that you describe, and I do not know of any way to get anything but the miniscule font that is the default. I have never used this combo box since I discovered data validation.

You create a data validation combo box with the menu Data > Validation and use the Settings tab to Allow List. This is the easiest way to create a combo box, but it is invisible until you select the cell and it also has the same miniscule font. When you need more control over the properties such as the font, you need a combo box from VB.

The third way to get a combo box is with the menu View > Toolbars > Visual Basic. On the Visual Basic toolbar press the Control Toolbox, and on the toolbox, press the combo box button, and draw a combo box on your worksheet. Next, press the properties button at the top of the Control Toolbox. You can use these properties to control most everything. The ones that you probably want to experiment with first are Font, List Fill Range, and Linked Cell. Finally, before you use this combo box, you must press the Exit Design Mode toggle button. This button toggles you from design mode to run mode. It is located in two places: (1) as a single button to exit design mode and (2) at the top of the Control Toolbox to enter or exit the design mode.

The last way to create a combo box is to create a userform in VBA that contains a combo box. This is the most difficult way, but is also the only way that I know to place a combo box on a chart sheet. I
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

It is not really possible to alter the font attributes of the Forms objects, without altering your system settings.

However if you use the tools from the Control Toolbox (View> Toolbars>Control Toolbox), you can set the font size and color etc.

Andrew C

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Sam,

Thank you for taking the time out to give me such a comprehensive answer. I continue to "play" with the userform option. Once I figure something out I will let you know.

Regards

John