New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a user that would like to print terms and conditions duplex to an Access report. The terms and Conditions are in MS Word doc. Any ideas on how to accomplish this.

Leroy

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leroy' post='797538' date='12-Oct-2009 10:57']I have a user that would like to print terms and conditions duplex to an Access report. The terms and Conditions are in MS Word doc. Any ideas on how to accomplish this.

Leroy[/quote]
    If the Word document is a static document that doesn't change, then you could replicate the document in an Access report footer, assuming it isn't more than one page. However formatting capabilities in Access are not as sophisticated as they are in Word. In 2007, you do have Rich Text as an option for both Labels and Text Boxes, but things such as bullet or numbered lists, and subscripts and superscripts are a major challenge.

Another alternative would be to do your entire report as a Word document using automation. You could use a Word template with the Terms and Conditions and any other static text, and then build the Word document based on data from your Access database. That approach does require a fair bit of programming, and a good understanding of the Word Object Model. If you aren't familiar with Automation terms, our Automation 101 Tutorial might be useful.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

You might be better off printing the Word document separately.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I copied and pasted the Terms and Conditions from the Word doc to the report footer. Then when they print, they can select duplex and all is good.

Thanks for your assistance.